Passport and Visa Requirements For Travel to the Philippines

Philippines Visa and Passport

Every country, including the Philippines, requires a passport for all visitors and tourists to enter. But unless you plan on staying for more than 30 days, you do not need a visa as long as your passport is valid for at least 6 months and you have a valid return ticket.

Tourist Visa

If you do plan on staying longer than 30 days, you will need to get a tourist visa. It's very simple to get, the payment required is very reasonable, and you can get a visa for up to a 6-month stay. But usually the visa is only extended for up to 59 days at a time. A tourist visa can be acquired in your home country at a local Philippine Embassy/Consulate office, or you can obtain a Tourist visa to extend your trip in the Philippines when you are there. Read More

Student Visa

If you are a student over the age of 15, you can easily obtain a visa to live and study in the Philippines after showing proof of enrollment at a higher education institution. Students, are however, required to have a medical and physical examination report by an authorized physician. They also need police clearance issued by the police authorities in their home country. Read More

Retirement Visa

Philippine Retirement Authority
A person wishing to reside in the Philippines for an indefinite period with multiple-entry privileges can do so by applying for the Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV) thru the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA). The person must be at least 35 years old and requires a visa deposit. Other benefits include exemption from customs duties; travel tax; Immigration’s ACR I-Card, clearances & other permits. For more information, please visit Read More

Work Visas

Yes, you can work in the Philippines, but you are required by the Philippine Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) to secure an Alien Employment Permit (AEP). This applies to all foreign nationals seeking admission to the Philippines for the purpose of employment, all non-resident foreign nationals already working in the Philippines, and all non-resident foreign nationals admitted to the Philippines on on-working visas. You absolutely need this permit, regardless of the source of compensation and duration of your employment. Read More

The ACR I-Card

ACR I-Card From Philippine Office of Immigration
The ACR I-Card is a a microchip-based identification card that automates the entire process of alien registration and integrates the issuance of various paper-based alien documentations. It is fraud and tamper-proof/resistant with the person's personal information, photograph, date and status of admission, visa type, signature, travel details, payment of immigration fees, and more. You do not have to have a I-Card to enter and stay in the Philippines, but it is highly recommended for all visitors.

Immigration Offices Throughout The Philippines

Bureau of Immigration Main Office
Magallanes Drive
Intramuros, Manila 1002
Phone: (011-63-2)527-5657

Bureau of Immigration PEZA (Philippine Economic Zone Authority) Office
Ground floor, Almeda Building
Roxas Boulevard & San Luis Street
Pasay City, Metro Manila
Phone: (011-63-2)897-6682

Philippine Bureau of Immigration
Bureau of Immigration BOI (Board of Investments) Office
Ground floor, Industry & Investments Building
385 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue
Makati, Metro Manila
Phone: (011-63-2)897-6682

Bureau of Immigration Regional Office
P Burgos Street, Tribunal
Mandaue City, Cebu 6014
Phone: (011-63-32)345-6442/6443/6444

Bureau of Immigration Regional Office
BI Building, JP Laurel Avenue
Bajada, Davao City 8000
Phone: (011-63-82)300-7258

Official Philippine Immigration Web Site -